Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: COS General Club Forum :: Website Feedback

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Mobile Phone problems
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, Brian Abels, Taylor
Author Post
Tim R - VENKMAN
Tue Mar 19 2013, 05:17p.m.
Registered Member #169

When I try to access forums, I have to click -community- which makes the page reload then go to forums, is there a way to skip this?

Lucas
Tue Mar 19 2013, 05:34p.m.

Registered Member #1

You mean the dropdown menu doesn't appear for you to click forums?

Is this from the Index main page? News?
Tim R - VENKMAN
Thu Mar 28 2013, 03:21p.m.
Registered Member #169

the dropdown does not appear the first time. it reloads the pafe once, then the dropdown works
Taylor
Sun Apr 14 2013, 02:57p.m.
Website Goddess

Registered Member #505

Hey Tim!

I looked into this. I was having the same menu issue on my Android phone when using the default web browser (if I recall you have a phone running Android also, yes?). I tested this on my iPad and iPod touch, and they do not have the issue--they correctly load the drop down pages when "clicked" (touched) without reloading the page. So from what I could find on the web it's basically it's a desktop-to-mobile issue with the website coding, where the Android browser isn't translating the menu "hover" command correctly when using a mobile device.

What I found worked was this, on your Android phone instead of pressing and releasing the -community- or other drop down menus (which then acts as a "click" in Android), instead press & lightly drag your finger (either left or right or up and down) when selecting a menu item, then release. The dragging should keep the page from reloading. I tried it on my phone and it worked fine!

Let me know if you still have problems. I'm hoping that Android will fix this browser issue on their end on newer phones so it's not a continued annoyance.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF