Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: COS General Club Forum :: COS Club

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Interested in helping the club grow?
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, Brian Abels, Taylor
Author Post
Ron R
Sun Nov 22 2015, 08:20p.m.
Registered Member #175

Hello, I'm looking for volunteers to help grow attendance at the various COS activities.

The basic plan is to do some research and find out the contact information for gaming clubs at colleges within a 1 hour driving distance from Butler,PA. Volunteers will split up the different universities so we are not duplicating work.

A contact letter with talking points about the club activities will be prepared. Once the letter is ready, a copy will be sent to each club/gaming group in the area.

We will offer to travel to the campus (once) and meet with the clubs to demo Quest fighting, Vampire LARP, or play/talk tabletop gaming.

People interested in helping research clubs we can reach out to, a writer to help develop a professional contact letter, and especially people willing to help with demos are needed. There will be meetings to organize and coordinate efforts.

If any or all of these activities interest you and you want to help give back to the club, please contact me ( rrummell@hotmail.com ). Once we see what kind of volunteer response we get, an organizational meeting will be scheduled.

Ron R
Sun Nov 22 2015, 10:06p.m.
Registered Member #175

General note to folks interested in helping - please don't start reaching out just yet. I am looking for interest in helping with the process at this point. We'll have a meeting so we are on the same page once the volunteers are lined up.
Ruadhan
Mon Nov 23 2015, 09:14a.m.
Registered Member #2

I will gladly lend my writing skills to the cause.
Ron R
Tue Dec 01 2015, 08:47p.m.
Registered Member #175

Thanks Abby. I currently have one person working on a draft contact letter for the club. If something happens and he can't complete it, I'll reach out to you.

Once the letter is finalized, we will be looking for club contact info to start reaching out. We are also going to need volunteers to help demo Quest, Vampire, and Tabletop gaming. (For anyone reading, please don't directly contact any clubs - we want to make sure we have the letter and volunteer in place before we do).

Ron

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF