Forums

The Circle of Swords Gaming Guild :: Forums :: COSQuest Live-Action Roleplaying Game Forums :: COS Quest Rules Q&A

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Magic item slots
Moderators: Lucas, dave, Curt R, davie, Taylor
Author Post
Vedrix Indrani
Sun Sep 23 2018, 11:01p.m.
Registered Member #27

So to verify i am understanding correctly, a magic item has a slot for its enchantment. So if i have a fire aura 1xday, the aura is on the item, not the weapon, allowing me to slay with the weapon?

Marr
Mon Sep 24 2018, 10:30a.m.
Registered Member #97

yes the items have a slot itself for the enchantment but fire aura counts as an enchantment on the weapon itself. i e if someone casts fire aura on your weapon it does not take up one of your three spell slots. so no you still could not slay with using an item.
Lucas
Wed Sep 26 2018, 08:58a.m.

Registered Member #1

Jim is correct, the magic item carries the ability to enact the enchantment and cast the Fire Aura spell onto any weapon, not just yours. The Fire Aura spell then acts normally as an enchantment on the desired weapon, not the original magic item.

The spell slot inherent in magic items is more for Beneficial spells only, acting as a 4th spell slot for spells like Armor, Mage Armor, Azeron's Enchanted Mail, etc.

Hope that helps, and I'll review the wording in the rulebook to clarify as needed to 'Beneficial' spell slots.
Brif Stoneworth
Wed Sep 26 2018, 02:28p.m.
Registered Member #52

It would be cool if the magic item was the weapon itself then they could be stackable but not if the item was a separate trinket.
I know, rules hell, but...

it would be nice
:)
Lucas
Thu Sep 27 2018, 08:58a.m.

Registered Member #1

Well the weapon has it's own enchantment slot, regardless of normal, quality, silver, or magic. But yes, if a magic weapon had a second slot, that would be only a little more complicated game-wise but moreso making sure everything remained balanced.

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF